Skip to content


Please select the appropriate form or document below that you wish to complete online.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.
  • Faculty Inbound Exchange Request - This must be initiated by the SAU academic department to request new exchange visitors.
  • Initial I-20/DS-2019 Student Request - All admitted international students must provide additional information for issuance of your immigration document. Students enrolled at another school in the U.S. must also provide information about current F-1/J-1 status.
  • Pre-Arrival/Orientation Check-in - You must provide copies of your U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for ISS records.
  • Change of Education Level (F-1) - if you receive admission to a new degree program at St. Ambrose
  • Change of Financial Support (F-1) - If your sponsor changes while you are studying, you must submit new documentation to update your I-20.
  • Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child (unmarried, under 21 years old) with you to St. Ambrose
  • Health Insurance Confirmation - You must confirm your health insurance coverage annually​.
  • Leave of Absence (F-1) - If you wish to take a temporary absence, you must notify ISS to determine its impact on your immigration status.
  • Program Extension (F-1) - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • Program Extension (J-1) - If you will not complete your program of study by the end date stated on the DS-2019, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: you must first consult with your hosting department to determine funding to extend your invitation.
  • Program Update - Complete/Shorten (F-1) - If you will complete your program of study before the end date on your I-20 but not apply for employment authorization, you must notify ISS.
  • Reduced Course Load (F-1) - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from ISS.
  • Transfer Out (F-1) - If you are a current F-1 student and plan to transfer to another U.S. school
  • Transfer Out (J-1) - If you are a current J-1 exchange visitor and plan to transfer to another U.S. school or sponsor program
  • Academic Training - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to ISS.
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
  • SEVP Portal Update - If you already have OPT approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP Portal at least 1 week in advance of starting or changing employment.
  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
  • STEM OPT Validation Report - While on the STEM OPT extension, you must submit a "Validation Report" every 6 months starting from the date the OPT extension begins and ending when your F-1 status or the extension ends, whichever is first.